Careers at A&B Machine and Design
Current Job Openings
Director of Sales/Business Development
At A&B Machine and Design, our customer base is growing, and we need an energetic and driven Director of Sales/Business Development to take us to the next level! We pride ourselves on our reputation: high-quality, dock to stock value, and on-time parts delivery. We have several large, exciting new projects in the works! We provide quality parts to leading American manufacturers nationwide, serving multiple industries including automotive, food equipment, aerospace, robotics, firearms, printing, and refrigeration. A&B Machine and Design offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome. Your opportunities are endless as we grow into the next decade!
The Director of Sales/Business Development is responsible for identifying market trends, prospective customers, and product opportunities as well as driving the development of the long-term sales plan. The Director of Business Development must develop a deep understanding of our customers’ offerings in order to best understand how A&B Machine can best serve the industry.
- Reporting to the company President, you will be responsible for the development and growth of the sales cycle and process.
- Utilize your strong relationships to identify, prospect, and close on new business opportunities
- Work with new and existing customers to develop custom design solutions
- Track weekly/monthly results and trends for business forecasting
- Work with the President to establish sales goals and metrics
- Work with our production team to ensure the quality and schedule requirements of your customers
- Collaborate with internal departments including quality, inspection, shipping, etc. to ensure timely delivery of quality products
- Work with customers on our behalf to resolve any concerns as they arise.
- Facilitate the entire outside sales and marketing strategies
- Represent the company at industry events and trade shows
- Proven experience in sales and customer service is required. 7-10 years of experience is preferred
- Previous experience in the precision machining industry is ideal
- Strong leadership qualities
- Previous experience with quoting precision machine components
- Strong negotiation skills and a foundation of industry relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have the ability for light travel when needed; expenses covered including travel, phone, and other related expenses
- BS/BA preferred; 2-4 technical degree with proven strong technical aptitude is a plus but experience is most important
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated with a strong work ethic
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 401(k)/employer matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Salary/bonus/profit sharing is negotiable based on experience.
Please email resume, cover letter, and a brief description of why you believe you would be a great addition to our team to email@example.com.
CNC Lathe Set Up/Programmer
A&B Machine and Design is a full service machine shop providing milling, turning, welding, grinding and assembly. Our primary markets include tobacco, print/paper, automotive and refrigeration.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Safe equipment operation and practices.
- Knowledge of machining processes and capabilities.
- Capability to develop and write CNC Lathe programs from start to finish.
- Set up machining centers with existing programs. Knowledge of Okuma LB lathes with the following controls is a must: • OSP5020 • LOSPU10L • OSP5000LG
- Modify programs as needed to improve quality and reduce cycle time.
- Overtime as needed. This includes working overtime thru the weekdays, on weekends and Holidays as required.
- Maintain clean and organized work environment
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Paid health insurance
- 401K Plan
Join Our Team
Our passion for producing innovative and reliable parts for our clients can’t happen without our exceptional employees. They are hard-working and dependable people that enjoy working together. If you have talent to contribute as an engineer, machinist, assembler or welder/fabricator, consider becoming a part of the A&B Machine team. Fill out an application and deliver it via one of the methods below.
Send completed form and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 937-492-1619
To deliver in person or send by postal service:
A&B MACHINE AND DESIGN
2040 Commerce Drive, PO Box 540
Sidney, OH 45365-0940