Careers at A&B Machine and Design
Current Job Openings
Quality Assurance Supervisor
We are looking for a hard-working, self-motivated, team player, problem-solving Quality Inspector to take us to the next level! A&B Machine and Design offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Complete 1st pc inspection for all areas.
• Complete final inspection paperwork before shipment.
• Coordinate daily special process requirements with outside vendors.
• Work together with production to solve quality concerns.
• Direct interaction with all customers discussing quality issues.
• Documentation of all quality issues.
• Work with production to develop permanent countermeasures.
• Coordinate gage maintenance and calibration with outside vendors.
• Willingness to work overtime as needed.
• Use of CMM, gauges, calipers, and other measuring tools
• Familiar with metal treatment processes (ex., heat treatment, black oxide, anodizing, etc.)
• Capable of reading detailed precision component prints and assembly drawings.
• Understanding of fits, GD&T, etc.
• Complete understanding of all machining processes (ex., lathe, mill, grinding)
• Open-minded and willing to contribute new ideas to improve quality.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Familiar with Microsoft programs like Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe.
• Failure analysis and countermeasure activity to eliminate defects.
• Ability to communicate professionally with customers regarding quality issues and help work toward a resolution.
• ISO certification/maintenance experience
• Knowledge of new document development/PPAP/FAI/etc.
• Ability to write/edit CMM programs.
• 3-5 years of previous Quality Inspection experience
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) including matching, disability insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
Please send your resume to Colleen Gilardi email@example.com. EEO Employer.
Director of Sales/Business Development
The Director of Sales/Business Development is responsible for identifying market trends, prospective customers, and product opportunities as well as driving the development of the long-term sales plan. The Director of Business Development must develop a deep understanding of our customers’ offerings in order to best understand how A&B Machine can best serve the industry.
- Reporting to the company President, you will be responsible for the development and growth of the sales cycle and process.
- Utilize your strong relationships to identify, prospect, and close on new business opportunities
- Work with new and existing customers to develop custom design solutions
- Track weekly/monthly results and trends for business forecasting
- Work with the President to establish sales goals and metrics
- Work with our production team to ensure the quality and schedule requirements of your customers
- Collaborate with internal departments including quality, inspection, shipping, etc. to ensure timely delivery of quality products
- Work with customers on our behalf to resolve any concerns as they arise.
- Facilitate the entire outside sales and marketing strategies
- Represent the company at industry events and trade shows
- Proven experience in sales and customer service is required. 7-10 years of experience is preferred
- Previous experience in the precision machining industry is ideal
- Strong leadership qualities
- Previous experience with quoting precision machine components
- Strong negotiation skills and a foundation of industry relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have the ability for light travel when needed; expenses covered including travel, phone, and other related expenses
- BS/BA preferred; 2-4 technical degree with proven strong technical aptitude is a plus but experience is most important
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated with a strong work ethic
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 401(k)/employer matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Salary/bonus/profit sharing is negotiable based on experience.
CNC Lathe Set Up/Programmer
Please email resume, cover letter, and a brief description of why you believe you would be a great addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A&B Machine and Design is a full service machine shop providing milling, turning, welding, grinding and assembly. Our primary markets include tobacco, print/paper, automotive and refrigeration.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Safe equipment operation and practices.
- Knowledge of machining processes and capabilities.
- Capability to develop and write CNC Lathe programs from start to finish.
- Set up machining centers with existing programs. Knowledge of Okuma LB lathes with the following controls is a must: • OSP5020 • LOSPU10L • OSP5000LG
- Modify programs as needed to improve quality and reduce cycle time.
- Overtime as needed. This includes working overtime thru the weekdays, on weekends and Holidays as required.
- Maintain clean and organized work environment
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Paid health insurance
- 401K Plan
Join Our Team
Our passion for producing innovative and reliable parts for our clients can’t happen without our exceptional employees. They are hard-working and dependable people that enjoy working together. If you have talent to contribute as an engineer, machinist, assembler or welder/fabricator, consider becoming a part of the A&B Machine team. Fill out an application and deliver it via one of the methods below.
Send completed form and resume to: email@example.com or fax 937-492-1619
To deliver in person or send by postal service:
A&B MACHINE AND DESIGN
2040 Commerce Drive, PO Box 540
Sidney, OH 45365-0940